From: Neil Gerace on
*skriptis, European Patriot wrote:

> That would be awesome. Spain, France, Germany have one team, and areas like
> Castille, Aragon, Bavaria, Burgundy had their own "kings" and languages in
> the past..just like Scotland, England...

Yes, I wonder how The Two Sicilies would go against Savoy :)

This business of the UK being allowed to field four teams is stupid. The UK has been one country for far longer than
Italy or Germany, to give just two examples. IFAB needs to be restructured or abolished, too.
From: RED DEVIL on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:56:45 GMT, "The Scrutineer"
<vlade4(a)bigpond.com> wrote:

>
>
>"Insane Ranter" <logwyn(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>news:2ba68167-8571-456a-b80a-0cc410044196(a)c10g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...
>> On Jun 29, 8:12 am, gsn <gsnaraya...(a)ymail.com> wrote:
>>> I have not been keeping in touch with English football, but is
>>> there a reason why Alex Ferguson is not considered for England coach
>>> (with Beckham perhaps as assistant coach)?
>>> Are there issues like politics, lack of interest on Fergie's part?
>>> Looks like if anyone, Alex Ferguson can put together a winning team.
>>>
>>> gsn
>>
>> For one he's Scotish. Thats either enough for him to say no or the
>> English to reject him. I'd speculate that he'd have to drop the sweet
>> position at Man. U. to take it over as well.
>
>He's more of a chance coaching England than Scotland at the moment, but his
>age is against him coaching, he will be about 72 by the next world cup, and
>he wont want to taint his career coaching Dads Army!!!
>
>> If the home terriotries ever got it through their head to make a UK
>> team...
>
Sir Alex has already turned down the England job once, why would he
take a step down?

RED DEVIL
From: RED DEVIL on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 05:12:47 -0700 (PDT), gsn <gsnarayanan(a)ymail.com>
wrote:

>
> I have not been keeping in touch with English football, but is
>there a reason why Alex Ferguson is not considered for England coach
>(with Beckham perhaps as assistant coach)?
>Are there issues like politics, lack of interest on Fergie's part?
>Looks like if anyone, Alex Ferguson can put together a winning team.
>
>gsn

They offered it to him before Erikson and he laughed them off
RED DEVIL
From: gsn on
On Jun 29, 11:27 am, RED DEVIL <manutd1...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 05:12:47 -0700 (PDT), gsn <gsnaraya...(a)ymail.com>
> wrote:
>
>
>
> > I have not been keeping in touch with English football, but is
> >there a reason why Alex Ferguson is not considered for England coach
> >(with Beckham perhaps as assistant coach)?
> >Are there issues like politics, lack of interest on Fergie's part?
> >Looks like if anyone, Alex Ferguson can put together a winning team.
>
> >gsn
>
> They offered it to him before Erikson and he laughed them off
> RED DEVIL


Wouldn't do it for country and the Queen ?!

gsn
From: RED DEVIL on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:20:49 -0700 (PDT), gsn <gsnarayanan(a)ymail.com>
wrote:

>On Jun 29, 11:27 am, RED DEVIL <manutd1...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 05:12:47 -0700 (PDT), gsn <gsnaraya...(a)ymail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> > I have not been keeping in touch with English football, but is
>> >there a reason why Alex Ferguson is not considered for England coach
>> >(with Beckham perhaps as assistant coach)?
>> >Are there issues like politics, lack of interest on Fergie's part?
>> >Looks like if anyone, Alex Ferguson can put together a winning team.
>>
>> >gsn
>>
>> They offered it to him before Erikson and he laughed them off
>> RED DEVIL
>
>
> Wouldn't do it for country and the Queen ?!
>
> gsn

It's not his country
RED DEVIL